Grant and Loan Packaging for Local Improvements
Region 6 Resource Partners can help you will all local improvement needs. We have over 30 years of expertise in securing state and federal grants and loan funds to help communities complete projects. Our services cover six broad categories: Infrastructure; Housing Improvement; Community and Economic Development; City Codes and Plans; Transportation Improvement Funds, and; Public Transit.
If you have a specific project, do not hesitate to contact our team and see what we can do for you. Our services are provided to member communities for minimal to no cost.
- Water and Sewer
- Storm Sewer and Flood Control
- Public Buildings
- Parks, Recreation and Public Amenities
- Transportation Fund for Eligible Roads and Bridges
- Expansion of Infrastructure for Eligible Economic Development Projects
Community and Economic Development
- Downtown Revitalization
- Upper Story Housing Development
- Trails Planning and Development
- Derelict Buildings Demolition
- Community Enhancements and Tourism
- Disaster Assistance
- Hazard Mitigation Projects and Plans
- Community and Regional Surveys and Analysis
- Regional Transportation Planning
- Community Amenities (parks, swimming pools, community centers, child care facilities)
- Designated Economic Development District Representative by the US Economic Development Administration (EDA) for Hardin, Marshall, Poweshiek, and Tama Counties
- Economic Development Projects (especially those that help create or retain jobs)
- Review of state, federal, and foundation funding sources for your project
City Codes and Plans
Region 6 Resource Partners can assist you in developing plans for your community including:
- Nuisance Abatement Procedures and Enforcement Services
- Urban Renewal Plans for TIF
- Urban Revitalization Plans for Tax Abatement
- Zoning Map and Ordinance Updates
- Codification Updates
- Long Range Comprehensive Plans
- Housing Needs Assessment Plans
- Rental Housing Code Procedures and Inspection Services
Transportation Improvement Funds
Region 6 Resource Partners has approval authority on more than $2.7 million of annual transportation improvements funds for roads and recreation trail improvement projects. All funded projects must meet federal standards. Our experts can assist applicants with project development and securing all available resources.
Peoplerides is public transit for all trips that originate or end in Hardin, Marshall, Poweshiek and Tama Counties. Everyone qualifies to ride with Peoplerides! Regardless of age, income, or disability, everyone qualifies to ride with Peoplerides. Our vehicles are handicapped-accessible to serve the diverse needs of our clients. Trips can be for work, medical appointments, shopping, education, social, or any other transportation need you may have.
Peoplerides annually provides more than 50,000 rides in Hardin, Marshall, Poweshiek, and Tama Counties using 20 ADA-accessible vehicles. If your community has a transportation need, we are always looking to improve public transit and better serve our communities as grant funding becomes available.